When it comes to designing your home, you have a lot of options. You can go with a more classic look, or something a little more modern. You can have a layout that’s open and airy, or one that’s super-organized. You can choose to be as self-sufficient as possible and have every single piece of clothing you own hang out together in one space, or you can opt for less is more and keep things simple by only storing the clothes that you wear most often. After all, there’s only so much room in your home for clutter!
Whether you’re just starting to think about designing your new home or want to revamp certain areas of your current abode, investing in closet space is essential. In this article we’ll explain how much closet space you should plan per person based on various factors including body type, clothing habits, and lifestyle style.
- 1 How Much Closet Space Is Enough?
- 2 How to Determine the Amount of Closet Space You Need
- 3 What to look for when determining the amount of closet space you need
- 4 Considerations for a Modular Wardrobe System
- 5 If you have small children: How much closet space is needed per child
- 6 If you have large family: How much closet space is needed per person
- 7 Conclusion
How Much Closet Space Is Enough?
As a general rule, most people should have at least 3 square feet of closet space per person. If you have more than that, you can go for more. This is for both men and women, so if you are a woman who likes to wear clothing that is not traditionally “female” (e.g., jeans) then more closet space is recommended.
How to Determine the Amount of Closet Space You Need
The amount of closet space you need will depend on your lifestyle, which can change over time.
To determine how much closet space you should plan for, start by looking at the size of your home. If your home is small, you’ll only need to devote a few square feet per person to wardrobes and storage. However, if your home is larger, you might need more than double that amount of space. Make sure that you account for the number of people living in your house as well. The amount of closet space you need also depends on how often each person wears certain clothing items and what their style preferences are. For example, if one person rarely wears pants and doesn’t typically wear jeans anymore either, then they won’t require as much closet space as someone who wears jeans every day and has multiple pairs of shorts in rotation.
In order to determine the ideal amount of closet space for everyone in the house, take into consideration things like body type, clothing habits and lifestyle style. In general, the average American adult requires about 7-15 square feet per person to store their clothes long-term
What to look for when determining the amount of closet space you need
First, you’ll need to determine how much space you need. This is where a little creativity will come in handy. There’s no right answer and the number of clothes that you have to store can vary based on your lifestyle and the style you choose for your home. However, there are some general guidelines that we can share with you.
– If you have kids, plan for twice as much closet space as if you didn’t
– If you wear a lot of casual clothes or jeans and are looking for more storage, look for closets that include a wardrobe
– If your bedroom does not have adequate closet space, opt for an adjacent room like the hallway
– Lastly, when adding more storage space to your home consider ways to minimize clutter and maximize functionality
Considerations for a Modular Wardrobe System
If you’ve been considering implementing a modular wardrobe system in your home, keep in mind that the space you invest in depends on the amount of clothing you have and how often you wear each item.
For example, if you only own three items of clothing but wear one of those items almost every day, then choosing a modular wardrobe system with enough space to store all three would be unnecessary.
To determine how much room is necessary for your wardrobe, consider the following factors:
– Your body type. If you’re bigger or smaller than average, it will impact the number of clothes that fit well.
– The types of clothes that you typically own. If you’re more casual or dress up frequently, then more closet space will be necessary to store your different outfits.
– The frequency by which you change gears throughout the week. For instance, if you work at a job where there are multiple shifts, then more closet space will be necessary than if most of your shifts are during regular business hours when most people don’t need to change out their outfit.
If you have small children: How much closet space is needed per child
If you have small children, the amount of closet space you need is greater than for an adult. Because children will be growing in size and needing new clothes over time, it’s smart to plan for enough space for all their clothes. They also tend to bring home some new items from school each day. If you’re on a budget and want to buy your kids a piece of clothing or take them shopping every now and then, make sure your closet has plenty of space to store the clothing they wear most often.
If you have large family: How much closet space is needed per person
Let’s say you have a large family, with four kids and two adults. If you want to plan for a closet for each person, we recommend 8 feet of clothing per person. This will give you enough room for everyone in your family to have their own space without cluttering up the rest of the house.
Make sure you are not over-storing your closet space. Having too much clothing can make it difficult to find what you want.
There is no doubt that it is difficult to find what you are looking for in a large closet, and the more clothing you have the harder it becomes. But, how much closet space is enough? It all comes down to the accessibility and mobility of your clothes. If you enjoy getting dressed quickly and easily, you will need less closet space. If you are someone who likes to take their time, or you have to re-think your outfit multiple times, you might need more closet space. Another important consideration is how many people live in your home. If there is more than one person in your home, it will be easier and more practical to have a larger closet space per person. Not only will this ensure that there is enough closet space for everyone, but it will also allow for a more efficient use of wardrobe storage space, so that everyone can have their own personal items in the same area.