Snowboards lying around the house can be a hassle, especially during the off-season and since they’re pretty big in size as well. To help you deal with them, we have compiled some practical snowboard storage ideas so that you can achieve a clean look inside your house.
Snowboard Storage Ideas
1. Slot Racks
Slot racks can be highly convenient options for storing your snowboards. You can try looking for them online or you can easily make one on your own by adding some slits to an otherwise standard horizontal wooden shelf.
Through these slots, you can then mount your snowboards vertically while also attaching the rack to a suitable and accessible wall.
- Holds up to 10 pairs of snowboards
- 100% steel and aluminum hold up to 300 lbs
- Durable powder-coated finish
- Easy installation
- Exclusive patent-pending design
2. Wall Display
If you have any kind of paneling, wainscotting or divisions on one of your walls, then you can install some supporting structures or racks that can meet the length of the snowboards properly.
You can also add some slits to these racks to hold the snowboards firmly in place. Keep the length of this unit dependent on the number of snowboards that you have.
- Hardwood snowboard wall storage rack/display mount for garage & home
- Heavy-duty natural wood rack arms with cork padding protect from dings and scratches
- Hardwood construction with beautiful cherry wood furniture style finish; not your dowel and pipe foam snow rack!
- The perfect wood wall mount to store all of your snowboards, snow gear, skis, surfboards, wakeboards, and more
3. Snowboard Shelves
You can either buy ready-made snowboard shelves that have multiple rods to hold your snowboards in place or you can even add the snowboards on them to use as supporting shelves for other objects.
You can then not only store your snowboards safely but can also store other associated equipment such as helmets, gloves and shoes on the snowboards themselves.
- Heavy-duty steel
- Easy setup and installation
- Stores snowboards, skis, surfboards, wakeboards, skateboards, tools, and more.
4. Wall Mount
You can directly mount your snowboards to the walls in a vertical manner so that they rest flush against them by keeping them in between minimal supports. This can firmly keep your snowboards in place while also adding an aesthetic appeal to your walls.
This can also save space since you do not need to create and install separate shelves for your snowboards.
- Minimalist snowboard display
- Secure, rubber mounts
- For boards with or without bindings; adjust brackets to fit the width of your deck
- Quick & easy installation
5. Snowboard Covers
You can usually find some snowboard covers that can act as protective housing for your snowboards while particularly focusing on the edges and the base of the board. You should look for covers that come with handles so that you can easily hang them anywhere on a free wall hook.
These covers can also vary in size and design according to the size of your snowboard.
- High-Quality Neoprene Snowboard Bags
- Offers imperative protection from Dings, Knicks, Scratches, Scrapes, and Dents to your precious snowboard
- Has an easy carrying handle as well as a shoulder strap
- Great to keep your boards separated and safe.
- 360-degree edge protection to your snowboard when storing
6. Modular Storage
You can create a storage cabinet with multiple modules that can hold your snowboards if you have lots of them. These can then hold your snowboards vertically in distinct racks so that they do not bump into each other too much.
You can install this kind of storage in your garage, basement or even outdoors if the conditions permit.
7. Ceiling Racks
If you do not have sufficient floor space or wall space, then you can feel free to utilize your ceiling space by installing narrow shelves or supporting racks from the ceiling.
You only need to leave an extremely narrow gap between these shelves and the ceiling since you can place your snowboards horizontally or lengthwise across them. This option can particularly work well for off-season storage.
- Multi-ceiling storage
- Heavy-duty steel: Holds up to 150lbs total (75 lbs per side)
- Up to 18″ thick storage and 25″ wide arms will fit a variety of skis and snowboards
- Padded protection
- Exclusive patented design
8. Roof Rack
Buying some roof racks or carriers of varying sizes and shapes for your snowboards can be a great way to create storage space on the roof of your car. You can simply keep your snowboards inside and install the racks on the roof, removing them only when you need to use them.
This can also prevent the need for creating space in the house. Make sure you keep your car in a safe space to prevent thefts.
- Wide enough to carry up to 6 pairs of skis (96mm wide at tips) or 4 snowboards
- Features easy to press one-button access
- Integrated SKS (Same Key System) locks included for added security
- The OverHang clamp attachment point makes it easier to reach your boards
- Tool-free install
9. Wall Decor
Consider sprucing up your living room or bedroom by using your snowboards as wall decor. This can also solve the issue of storing your snowboards. Whenever you need to use them, you can simply detach them from the walls.
You can keep the snowboards in place using adhesives or hook-like holders. You can then also hang some other equipment like gloves or even keys to make this more practical.
- Come with 1 set (1-left ,1-right) to hold 1 snowboard
- Rubber protection on the inside of the mount to protect your snowboard
- Hardware included in the package.
- Very lightweight and simple.
10. Upcycled Snowboards
If in case you do not need to use your snowboards anymore or if they have become too old and need replacement, consider upcycling them into racks or shelves. For instance, you can attach wine holders along the length of the snowboard and store your wine bottles through them.
Now that you know all about these wonderful snowboard storage ideas, it is time for you to pick one or more of these and start stacking up your snowboards so that they do not get in your way. You can then access them easily whenever you need them.