Plaques can be a great way to accentuate the beauty of a space. They come in several shapes and sizes and are composed of many materials that can together make a space truly come alive. However, people associate hanging plaques with a lot of work and relegate these beautiful decorative items to cabinets and cupboards.
How to Hang Plaque on Wall?
In actuality, plaques are easy to hang. Let us find out how!
1. Adhesive Discs
This is one of the easiest ways to hang a plaque on the wall. It requires no drilling that makes it more conducive for several people who don’t want to poke holes in their walls.
Follow these easy steps to hang plaques on your wall using adhesive discs:
- Start by making paper templates. These can be any shape and size and once you are done, use painter’s tape to paste these to the wall.
- You need to ensure that the plaques that need to be hung are clean and do not have dust stuck to them. The back should also be smooth so that there is no difficulty in hanging them later.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions and activate the glue to be used on the discs.
- When the glue is ready, paste it firmly to the back of the plaque. It should be held there till the glue sticks to it. You may need to let it sit overnight for a firm grip.
- Hang the plaque on the wall carefully removing the paper template. This should do the job!
2. Go Old School with Nails
This is one of the oldest ways of hanging plaques on the wall. It has been practiced for so long that it is one of the foremost steps people follow unless, of course, they have reservations against drilling and poking holes in their walls.
Nails or screws can act as a firm base to hang your plaques on. Most plaques will also have holes in the back to accommodate screws or nails. Screws and nails work best when the plaque in question is composed of lighter material, such as wood.
In case your plaque is ornate and made up of a relatively heavier material, you may need heavy-duty screws to keep them firmly in their place.
Follow these steps to do the job easily and effortlessly:
- Using a lightweight hammer, nail your nails to the wall at the place you want to hang the plaque in. You should not use a heavy hammer as it may damage the wall, especially if you are not a regular at this.
- Put the nail into the wall and slightly push it in using the hammer. Apply pressure if it is loose so that it is not wobbly.
- Inspect the back of the plaque and use the hole in it to mount it on the nail and hang it on the wall. And you are done. It is that simple, truly!
3. Try Spring Style Plate Hammers
These are new-age things to hang a plaque on the wall. They are easy to use and can be found easily. The ones with plastic-coated grippers are pretty to look at and also offer extra cushioning to hold the plaques. These also prevent the plaque from getting damaged or get scratches.
You need to use the same paper template process as with adhesive discs. Once you are done, you need to hang these plaques on the hanger and you are good to go!
4. DIY Plate Hanger
If you have a bit of a creative streak in you, this can be the way to go. The job will get done and you will have fun while doing it! This method is ideal for those who don’t want wires or pins hanging from their walls.
All you need is a metal ring or a can and some solid glue (a glue gun can be your best bet and will also prevent mishaps).
Follow these easy steps:
- Go to the back of the plaque and find its center. It is the spot that you will use to hang it on the wall.
- It is here that you fix your metal ring to the plaque so that it doesn’t show when you hang it on the wall. Use the glue gun to firmly place it in the right spot.
- Wait for the glue to settle and cure. Once this is done, you can hang your plaque on the wall.
The Final Word
Hanging plaques on walls can not get any easier than this. We hope you liked the above suggestions and will take out all those plaques you have packed in cupboards and kept for some later occasion.
Life is a celebration, why wait to put out beautiful objects, especially when it is simple and easy!