What happens if you mix hydrogen peroxide and chlorine? When chlorine reacts with hydrogen peroxide, hydrogen peroxide falls apart into water and oxygen. Chlorine gas hydrolyses into hypochlorous acid (HOCl), which subsequently ionises into hypochlorite ions (OCl). The reaction between hydrogen peroxide and hypochlorite takes place very quickly.
What should you not mix with hydrogen peroxide?
- Hydrogen peroxide + vinegar. While these two chemicals can be used in succession as a cleaning duo, do not mix them together.
- Drain cleaner + more drain cleaner.
- Bleach + ammonia.
- Bleach + rubbing alcohol.
- Bleach + vinegar.
Does bleach and peroxide make chloroform?
What household chemicals will explode when mixed?
- Bleach And Ammonia. Both are cleaning equipment that exists in your everyday kitchen.
- Bleach and Rubbing Alcohol.
- Two Different Brand of Batteries.
- Potassium and water.
- Baking soda and vinegar.
- Mentos and Soda.