Is Windex toxic? Ammonia, the key ingredient in Windex, can be hazardous
Although Windex contains a comparatively small amount of ammonia (or ammonium hydroxide), which is listed fourth on its ingredient label, exposure to large amounts of the chemical can be toxic.
Can a little bit of Windex kill you? Mixing bleach and ammonia (an ingredient found in some types of Windex and other glass cleaners) is a major no-no. This mixture forms chloramine vapor, a toxic gas that can burn your lungs, and enough of it can also form hydrazine, a dangerous liquid that can explode.
What do you do if you get Windex in your mouth? If the person swallowed the window cleaner, give them water or milk right away, unless a provider tells you not to. DO NOT give anything to drink if the person has symptoms that make it hard to swallow. These include vomiting, convulsions, or a decreased level of alertness.
Can you get high off of Windex? Inhalant abuse is the consistent sniffing of household products in order to get high. These products include cleaning items such as bleach or Windex, and other common items like sharpies. About 23 million Americans have experimented with sniffing some sort of inhalant in their lifetime.