In most homes, daily damage usually presents itself in the form of scratches on refrigerators and other kitchen appliances. These scratches appear either by accident or a cleaning method inappropriate for the refrigerator.
But do not worry! Because we are going to give you a quick and easy solution, how to get scratches out of stainless steel fridge and also on the aluminum fridge.
- 1 How to Get Scratches Out of Stainless Steel Fridge
- 2 How to Remove Scratches from a Gray Refrigerator
- 3 How to Remove Scratches from a White Refrigerator
- 4 How to Hide Dents in an Aluminum Fridge
How to Get Scratches Out of Stainless Steel Fridge
The most effective and immediate method to remove scratches is to sand the affected surface with fine-grained paper, moistened with water, in the same direction as the scratch, until the scratches disappear and finish drying it with a cloth.
3 Simple Steps to Fix Scratches on Stainless Steel Fridge
- Clean the surface of the scratch with soap and water and a clean, dry microfiber cloth.
- Sand with fine-grained paper, for example, P600 in the same direction as the scratch, usually from right to left, moistened with water for at least 30 seconds.
- Repeat step 1, cleaning and drying, and observe the result. You can repeat the steps until you get the desired result, but no more than 2 or 3 times.
4 Tricks to Remove Scratches on Stainless Steel Fridge
If you are one of those people who want to keep your refrigerator shiny, we are going to teach you three tricks to remove scratches on stainless steel refrigerators more easily and thus eliminate these unpleasant scratches from your fridge.
- The first trick is to use a specific professional stainless steel polishing product. Since this type of product has chemicals focused on this type of surface. So it will be much easier for you to remove scratches than with water or vinegar.
- The second trick is to always rub in the same direction as the scratch, generally from right to left.
- The third trick is to use P600 fine-grit sandpaper moistened with cold water. Avoid heating by rubbing and achieve better results.
- The fourth trick is to use microfiber cloths since they do not lose annoying fabrics and you will avoid discomfort.
3 Tips Before Removing Scratches on Stainless Steel Fridge
- The first and most important tip is that you unplug the refrigerator. Most domestic accidents happen in homes. It costs nothing, so take this precautionary measure to avoid getting electrocuted (although it is unusual).
- The second tip is to wear gloves, to prevent damage to the skin on your hands.
- The third tip is to remove your rings before you start removing scratches from the refrigerator.
How to Remove Scratches from a Gray Refrigerator
The scratches on a gray refrigerator can be on stainless steel or aluminum refrigerators, or some plastic cover.
Depending on the material we will apply different methods:
- If it is stainless steel or aluminum we will use the same previous sanding or polishing methods.
- If the scratches are on a gray plastic casing, you can apply gray nail polish. First, clean the damaged area with a cloth. The second thing is to apply the gray enamel with a brush on the scratch in the same direction, let it dry for 20 minutes, apply a second coat and let it dry for 24 hours. To finish, use fine-grit sandpaper and clean it with a cloth.
How to Remove Scratches from a White Refrigerator
In this section of the post, we will focus specifically on repairing a scratch on a white fridge. Since many of you have asked us about this type of white appliances.
So we are going to explain it to you very clearly and in a few steps. Besides being very economical, they will completely erase scratches!
It is important to know that white refrigerators are more complicated to work with, so when removing scratches we must do so with non-abrasive products that do not remove or damage the paint.
Try the toothpaste method with a very soft bristle brush , rubbing it over the scratch until it is filled, if necessary apply a small layer of white paint to hide this process.
The three materials that we will need to repair scratches on our white refrigerator are:
- 2 P600 fine grain sandpaper
- 1 bottle of white nail polish
- 1 bottle of alcohol for sanitary use
5 Steps To Fix Scratches on a White Refrigerator
- Start, as always, by cleaning with a little soap and water and a scouring pad that does not worsen the scratch, in order to remove any remaining dirt or speck that may make it difficult to remove the scratch.
- Sand gently with a sheet of fine-grained sandpaper on the scratch, making circular movements.
- Pass a cloth moistened with alcohol over the area where you have sanded.
- Open the white enamel to repair white refrigerators that you can find in any appliance store or similar. Apply a light layer in the direction of the scratches. It is important to avoid globs of enamel, by draining the brush well. In this case, it is better to err on the side of too little than too much, since we can always apply later layers of white enamel.
- Let dry. And in case you are not convinced, you can apply a second or third coat of white enamel.
How to Hide Dents in an Aluminum Fridge
If you want to fix or at least hide dents and not scratches, read the following homemade trick:
The best solution to hide or fix dents in an aluminum refrigerator is, once unplugged, to pour a saucepan of boiling water over the dent, and immediately after, help yourself with a plunger.