Wooden floors look classy and beautiful and can instantly elevate the look of any space. It is, therefore, very important that you keep them spick and span. They also need to be protected against scratches and tough stains.
A dust mop can be your best friend when it comes to maintaining your wooden floors.
7 Best Dust Mop for Wood Floors
This page contains affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases which means we receive a small commission when you make a purchase, at zero cost to you.
- Easy storage
- Reusable wash pads
- Value for money
- Easy to install
- Easy to use
- Ideal for wet and dry cleaning
- Great adjustability
- Wide mop head
- Washable mop pad
- Additional elements
- Great quality
- Ease of use
Here are a few recommendations for dust mops for your wooden floors. If you are confused and don’t know which one to pick, this guide will be of immense help. Read on!
1. Eyliden Dust Mop
The Eyliden push dust mop is a great option for those whose wood floors are prone to a lot of soiling. It is multifunctional and can be used for both dry and wet floor mopping. If you have pets shedding hair all around, you can rely on this dust mop to clean your floor sans any hassle.
- Multifunctional: This dust mop is ideal for dry and wet cleaning and can easily remove dead angles, dust and dirt.
- Adjustable: The handle is equipped with a switch to handle different height needs for cleaning.
- Storage: This dust mop comes with a hang-up hole that makes storage easy. You won’t be worried about your dust mop interfering with your design sensibilities. You can remove the mop pad after cleaning and fold it and keep it in a small corner.
- Durable: It is robust and made to handle a wide variety of cleaning without showing any signs of wear and tear.
- Reusable Wash Pads: The dust mop comes with two washable and reusable mops that save you money and help the environment. What more can you ask for?
- Color: The dust mop comes in two very bright shades of blue and green that may not be ideal for everyone.
- Weight: It could be slightly heavy for some people, though not for all.
2. CleanHome Dust Mop
This is a microfiber mop that works well for both dry and wet floors. It comes with a number of features at an enviable price that makes it a popular option among users.
- Value for Money: It comes at a great price which makes it a good option for people who don’t want to buy a very expensive dust mop.
- Durable: The CleanHome dust mop is sturdy and can work its magic on a number of hard floors and is adept at washing and wiping large amounts of water. The microfiber really does its job.
- Easy to Install: The mop setup is incredibly easy and can be done by following the instructions. Equally easy is the usage with flexible rotation and reusable mop pads.
- Lightweight: One of the distinct advantages of this dust mop is that it is extremely lightweight making it ideal to be used by the elderly and young adults.
- Corners Might Be an Issue: The dust mop comes with a square mop which can be tricky for soiled corners.
- Handle Height: The height is non-adjustable which might be an issue if you are petite or too tall.
3. O-Cedar Dual-Action Microfiber Sweeper Dust Mop
This is a microfiber dust mop that works on a range of hardwood floors.
- Easy to Use: This dust mop comes with a flexible microfiber mop pan that is ideal for cleaning floors and picking up dust particles and other materials such as human and pet hair.
- Eco-friendly: The dust mop comes with refills and can be machine washed making it safe and pocket-friendly.
- Durability: Some users have raised concerns about the product’s durability.
- Quality of Microfiber: There have been complaints about the quality of microfiber by some users.
4. Nine Forty Residential Dust Mop
Constituted of high-quality yarn cotton, this dust mop is robust and known to deeply enhance the cleaning regimen by getting rid of dust particles.
- Heavy-duty Cleaning: This is a robust dust mop that works very well on both commercial and residential wooden floors. The cut ends make it the ideal equipment for cleaning floors as well as dusting ceilings. Hence, it is multifunctional and that adds to its appeal.
- Adjustable: The dust mop comes with an adjustable handle that makes it great for different types of spaces and people with different heights.
- Better Suited for Commercial Use: This product is made keeping in mind tough commercial flooring so if you are after a simple product for cleaning your home, you may find other alternatives.
- Price: This dust mop is slightly pricier than others and people with small budgets may want to look elsewhere.
5. Mangotime Microfiber Floor Hardwood Mop
Ideal for getting rid of stains and dust on kitchen surfaces, this dust mop comes with four refills and an aluminum plate. The combination of microfiber and a chenille pad will make it a great product to dry and wet mop your floors.
- Ideal for Wet and Dry Cleaning: This dust mop is adept at both dry and wet cleaning. It covers all corners and crevices of the wood floor helping keep it spick and span.
- Great Adjustability: This dust mop comes with a long handle that makes cleaning easy, without any bending. This is ideal for those who have complaints of back pain. The mop head further adds to its adjustability and flexibility giving you a 360-degree cleaning solution.
- Wide Mop Head: This dust mop is equipped with a 41-inch wide mop that makes cleaning big areas fast and effective.
- Washable Mop Pad: The dust mop comes with reusable wash mops that make it easy on the pocket and also environment friendly.
- Additional Elements: The Mangotime dust mop comes along with two chenille pads, two microfiber pads and a multifunctional scraper for cleaning these pads. This saves you time and money on buying additional equipment.
- Handle Issues: The handle screws together in three parts that may sometimes be tricky to use.
- Installation: There are a number of components that need to come together for this mop to work. This may be cumbersome for those who are used to extremely simple dust mops.
6. Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
This washable microfiber dust mop is ideal for a wide variety of hard floors. This is particularly ideal for those floors that are prone to gathering a lot of dust particles and materials like hair.
- Light Weight: The product prides itself on being durable and robust despite being made of lightweight aluminum alloy. This makes cleaning with this dust mop easier as it is lighter.
- Eco-friendly: The dust mop comes with two washable mops that make it a great product from an environmental point of view. The mop pads can withstand up to 100 washes before needing replacement.
- Great Quality: The dust mop is known to be a high-quality product that works very well for a range of floors, both residential and commercial. A single-use of this dust mop is said to be effective at cleaning.
- Ease of Use: This dust mop is equipped with 360-degree rotation that makes it a great option for deep cleaning and taking out dust particles from corners and crevices.
- Handle: Some users have found the handle to be a little bit wobbly.
- Price: This dust mop is on the pricier side as compared to a lot of other dust mops on this list.
7. Swiffer Sweeper 2-in-1 Dust Mop
This multi-surface floor cleaner comes with a range of benefits that make it a popular choice among many users.
- Multipurpose: This Swiffer is multipurpose i.e. it serves as both a sweeper and a mop that makes it a hit among several users. It can be used on a number of floors such as tiles, vinyl and wood.
- Ease of Installation: This Swiffer is easy to install and assemble which makes it popular among users with an aversion to complex dust mops.
- Comprehensive Cleaning: This Swiffer is adept at cleaning corners and crevices making cleaning easy, quick and hassle-free.
- Color: It comes in green that may not be ideal for those who love muted colors.
- Price: There is a range in this item and the higher price range is way beyond several other affordable dust mops.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Dust Mop
We take you through some important factors to consider while choosing a dust mop along with a few great options you can invest in for your wood floors.
It is important to give due consideration to the size and area of your room before buying a dust mop. For instance, V-sweepers are great for big areas. Furthermore, the operator should be compatible with the mop so that both work in sync to give your floors a clean appearance.
If your wooden floors are prone to soiling or have accumulations of dirt and other particles, you must go for a synthetic or microfiber dust mop. The mop should be efficient when it comes to picking dust else the cleaning regimen will go to waste.
This goes without saying but the cost efficiency of the dust mop should be kept in mind before making the final purchase. For instance, if you are a regular cleaner with a lot of dust accumulation on your floors, you need to go for a sturdier option at the outset so you don’t have to replace your mop every once in a while.
Handles are a key component of a dust mop. This is going to determine how long will your dust mop last. Hence, pay attention to the robustness and material of the handle while making the purchase.
To give you an idea, stainless steel handles are sturdier than plastic handles. Pay attention to the mop head as well. Basically, the more durable a mop you choose, the longer it will last you.
The comfort factor is also crucial when it comes to choosing the right dust mop for your wood floors. Remember, people complain of back pain and other issues while mopping and a wrong mop is a culprit in most cases.
Hence, you ought to go for a dust mop with adjustable features. Mops with separate extension systems are always a good bet.
Dust Mop FAQs Answered
We have covered some crucial information on choosing the right dust mop for your home and also shared some suggestions on a few dust mops that you can go for. If you still have questions, you may want to give a read to our FAQs.
How Do You Clean Dusty Hardwood Floors?
For regular cleaning, you can simply dry mop your floor using a dust mop of your choice. If your floor is dirty, you must go for a deep cleaning that may also involve using some products such as cleaning liquids before you wipe it out.
Vinegar is usually used for cleaning wood floors to devoid them of all stains and marks.
Is It Better to Use a Mop or Swiffer?
The debate between mop and Swiffer is a long-standing one with users behind both products. Both mop and Swiffer come with their benefits and ultimately it is about choosing a product that best meets your needs.
- Ideal for small, congested spaces.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- It works best for cleaning crevices and corners.
- Swiffers come with replaceable pads that are not environmentally friendly or pocket friendly.
- It is inefficient in picking up larger pieces of dirt and debris.
- Battery operated and hence, heavier on the pocket as opposed to conventional mops.
- Ideal for large surfaces and soiled surfaces
- Inexpensive and durable
- Not efficient for cluttered surfaces as it is difficult to cover the entire area.
- Mops are more effort-intensive and time-intensive.
- Can be a little unhygienic as they use dirty water or water-dipped with dirt.
What Helps Dust Mops Pick up More Dust?
The cloth pad or microfiber pad that dust mops are equipped with makes it more efficient in picking up more dust. These can easily infiltrate dirty areas and swallow dust within them. You can go on without stopping as you would need to do with Swiffers.
How Do I Get My Hardwood Floors to Shine Again?
If you want your hardwood floors to remain shiny, you have to follow a regular cleaning regimen. You also need to consider the reasons behind your hardwood floors looking dull and old.
Some common reasons include a poor cleaning regimen, using the wrong cleaning agent, a floor that is in dire need of refurbishment and uncontrolled scratches.
You can follow this cleaning regimen to make your floor shiny again.
- Do not let stains to stay for long on the floor and wipe them immediately if you spill anything. This will prevent tough stains on your hardwood floor.
- Pick up dirt daily, especially the bigger debris and regular waste such as hair.
- Damp mop your floor from time to time. You can do it two-three times a week if you are dry mopping every day.
- Choose the right cleaning agent and the right mop taking into consideration some of the factors discussed above.
How Do You Keep Hardwood Floors Dust-free?
It is important to keep dust off your hardwood floor if you want it to be shiny, clean and neat. Here is how you can do it.
- Keep shoes outside the room, as far as possible. Install a shoe rack so that you can change shoes as soon you enter your home.
- Use a microfiber dust mop to clean hard stains and dirt regularly.
- Invest in a floor mat to trap the debris beforehand and preventing it from spreading to the hard floor.
- It is important to choose the right dust mop depending on the size and type of your space to make cleaning fast and effective.
- Do not let a number of days pass between cleaning your floors. This will lead to a lot of dirt accumulation which would then require a lot of time and energy.
The Final Word
Keeping your hardwood floor neat and clean is not that daunting if you follow the right cleaning regime. It is important to have the right tools at your disposal to assist you in keeping your hardwood floor dust-free and shiny.
We would recommend going for an optimum dust mop to meet these needs effectively.