5 Best Paint for Vinyl Shutters [2022 Reviews]
When it comes to giving a retro vibe to your window, we don’t think anything can do that better than Vinyl shutters. If when you’re picking a dull color with low quality to put on them, they still will look as boring as hell. On top of that, the durability might also get a bit compromised as the quality is not up to the mark.
On the contrary, when you’re thinking about getting the best paint for vinyl shutters, then not only will your window become more appealing, but it also will last longer. Now the question is, where you’re going to get that?
Well, we’ve got that part covered by finding out the finest paints you can ask for. All you have to do is just check them below.
This page contains affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases which means we receive a small commission when you make a purchase, at zero cost to you.
- All-in-One spray paint
- Indoor/Outdoor spray paint
- Quick dry
- America’s first spray coating
- Ideal for DIY projects
- Superior color-retention
- Easy to apply
- All-purpose use
- Ideal for vinyl surfaces
- Made with actual vinyl paint resins
- Dries to the touch in 10 minutes
- Provides a shiny, smooth finish
- Provides permanent color to any vinyl surface
- Gloss level semi-gloss
- Perfect for painting surfaces where quick manipulation is needed
- Indoors and outdoors
- Covers up to 22 square feet
- The paint dries after 15 minutes and can be repainted after only 5 minutes!
- Easy to use
- Ideal for use on interior/exterior surfaces
- Oil-based formula is low odor, resist chips and provides long-lasting protection
- Dries to touch in 20 minutes and covers up to 12 sq. ft. per can
- Durable formula provides excellent hide and goes on smoothly
- Ultra matte finish gives projects a no-shine, vintage appearance
5 Best Paint for Vinyl Shutters
Here are the names you’ve been waiting for. Let’s start with –
When you’re asking for paint that won’t only last longer but also will cover tons of surface types, then we don’t think you’d get anything better than this.
Its world-class adhesion is 5x stronger than regular paints. Being peel-free is clearly the proof of so. Besides, its anti-rust feature keeps the rust out of the picture. So, whether you want to use it indoors or outdoors, feel free to go with both.
Due to being spray paint, applying it is easy. But what has made things easier is it asks for no priming or sanding before the application. Plus, it takes only 20 minutes to dry up. Plus, the color remains the same for a long time as it’s fade-resistant.
The paint is also versatile enough to cover different surfaces, including plastic, metal, PVC, wood, tile, etc. Besides, its wide coverage can paint up to 25 sq. ft. easily.
- The anti-rust feature makes it applicable in both indoor and outdoor
- Hassle-free usage process makes the application easier
- Faster drying technology aids to making it touchable in 20 minutes
- Fade resistance keep the color intact for a long time
- Nozzle quality has scope for improvement
When you want your vinyl shutter perfectly colored, long-lasting, and peel-free, then this one will be simply the perfect pick for you.
If you want to go for the traditional method of painting vinyl shutter rather than the shortcut process like spray paint, then this one surely can help you out.
When you don’t want to go through the hassles of sanding and priming, this one can easily get the job done. Besides, its 32.0 Fl Oz container can cover a huge area of 112.5 sq. ft.
Thanks to its superb color retention, the color sustains for a long time in both indoor and outdoor. And in case you want a different color for your shutters, then there are the 10 different options for you to pick from.
Projects that are subject to re-applicability are perfect for this paint. So, you can apply it over trim, cabinets, furniture, doors, and many more. Unlike some regular paints, it dries up just in 1 hour, and you can go for reapplication within the next 8 hours.
- Great color retention ensures long time color sustenance
- Sufficient quantity for covering 112.5 sq. ft. area
- Versatile applications can cover different types of surfaces
- Dries up quickly within one hour
- Generates dust while scraping or removing
With special formula and great color retention, this paint seems to be just an ideal option for those vinyl shutters of yours.
Thinking about keeping your vinyl shutters as good as new for days? Well, then this is one of the colors you’d like to grab to get the job done.
No matter what kind of surface you’ve got in mind, this one can easily be applied to almost all of them. Along with vinyl shutters, it can color upholstery, dashboards, sports equipment, furniture, and so much more.
For getting it all the flexibility you need, the makers have added vinyl paint resin to the equation. On top of that, it’s super fast on drying and takes only 10 minutes to dry up. Getting one can of this paint is enough to color up an area with a size up to 7 square feet.
Due to being high on durability, it can stick permanently to your vinyl shutters, with a perfectly smooth and shiny finish, of course.
- Higher durability makes the color stick to the surface permanently
- Doesn’t take more than 10 minutes to dry up
- Multi-surface compatibility allows use on any vinyl surfaces
- Added vinyl paint resin gives it more flexibility
- A single can covers only 7 sq. ft. area
If you love doing things quickly or you don’t have all the day for painting your vinyl shutters, then feel free to grab this one.
As your vinyl shutters are going to deal with all the external hazards like rain and sunlight for days, you better cover it up with a color that is effective enough. Yes, we’re talking about the Pintyplus Evolution Spray Paint this time.
Thanks to its acrylic-based formulation, which ensures the right texture for your vinyl shutters. Leaving no scope to fall short on color choices, this one comes in 21 different colors. Besides, it can cover a 22 sq ft area within a short time.
But the best part of this paint is its heat-resistance capacity. This means, even if it’s 100º C, there’s no chance of the color getting damaged or fading away.
And if you’re asking for the drying time, then it won’t take more than 15 minutes there. But what might surprise you more is its repainting gap which is only 5 minutes.
- Acrylic-based formulation maintains the right texture
- High heat resistance can withstand 100°C
- Quick-drying feature allows the paint to dry in 15 minutes
- 21 color options give sufficient color to choose from
- The tip design could’ve been better
If you’re thinking that your shutters might have to deal with an extreme level of heat out there, this one surely can keep the shutter good as new and also protected.
You probably already know how good team Rust-Oleum is in creating the perfect paint for vinyl shutters. Well, they’ve got another one in their arsenal – the 331181 Painter’s Touch.
For having an oil-based formula, the odor is so low that it won’t irritate your nose. Plus, it resists chipping; so you can be sure that the protection is going to be long-lasting.
Along with covering your vinyl shutters, it can also take care of other interior and exterior surfaces. So, feel free to apply it over anything like plaster, wood, plastic, metal, unglazed ceramic, and masonry.
But what we liked the most about this one is its matte finish. This means you won’t have to deal with unnecessary shining and also will get a vintage appearance. Plus, to save your fingers from fatigue, it’s got a comfortable spray tip.
- Oil-based formula keeps the odor to the minimum
- Matte finish gives the shutter a vintage look
- Chip resistance makes it last longer
- Comfortable spray tip keeps the fatigue away
- Has only 14 color options
This paint’s oil-based formula is what has made it a worthy pick. After all, that’s the reason why the protection level is impressively good in this one.
Not too many things can give your window the classic look better than vinyl shutters. But if you really want it to reach that level of appeal, we say you better think of applying nothing but the best paint for vinyl shutters.
We believe you’ve already got it from our review, haven’t you? So, which one have you picked this time?