4 Best Paint for Fiberglass Door [2022 Reviews]
What do you think of in the first place while getting paints for your fiberglass door? After all, it is not just any random wooden door where you can apply any regular paint.
If you want durability and lucrativeness simultaneously, we don’t think anything else can pull that off as the best paint for fiberglass doors would. But finding one that suits your choice might be a tough job.
But don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with the complete reviews of the best fiberglass paint available. So, let’s get started then?
This page contains affiliate links, and as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases which means we receive a small commission when you make a purchase, at zero cost to you.
- Works on virtually any surface
- Oil-based formula with excellent adhesion
- Fast-drying formula
- Prevents rust and corrosion
- Gloss finish gives a fresh shine to surfaces
- Designed for vertical surfaces
- Formulated with a thicker consistency
- Provides twice the coverage of traditional oil-based stains
- Dries to the touch in 1 hour and covers up to 60 sq ft
- Applies evenly without causing lap marks or grain raise
- Enhances the natural beauty of the wood grain
- Paint and primer in one
- No prep, no sanding needed
- Ideal for metal, plastic, wood and fiberglass
- Weather and corrosion-resistant coating
- Oil-based formula provides a durable protective coating with excellent rust prevention
- Dries to the touch in 1-2 hours and covers up to 105 sq ft
- Excellent resistance to abrasion, fading and chipping
- Satin finish offers a low-sheen look
4 Best Paint for Fiberglass Door Reviews
Fiberglass doors are comparatively more durable than doors made of other materials. These doors do not chip as much and can provide a more colorful outlook wherever they are placed. Without further delay, let’s dive into the reviews to find out about the best spray paints to make your fiberglass colorful!
Looking at the name is enough to hint that Rust-Oleum 245196 is made to spray paint most surfaces, including your fiberglass door!
Thanks to its oil-based formula, it does not only prevent fading but also makes the paint last longer. Plus, the excellent adhesion stops the color from chipping as well. As it is corrosion-free, withstanding any harsh environment is no big deal for this spray paint.
If any of the paint remains in the can, you can use it on any material like wood, metal, plastic, wicker, concrete, vinyl, and much more.
This Universal All Surface Spray paint only takes about 30 minutes to dry up with perfect coverage. Moreover, you can easily cover a 15 sq ft area with a single can of paint. The glossy finish it gives off at the end is a cherry on top using this spray paint.
- Excellent adhesion saves from chipping.
- Multi-surface compatibility allows going with different surfaces
- It can sustain harsh environments as it’s corrosion-free
- The oil-based formula ensures better durability
- Has a minor chance of leaking
While we agree that this spray paint from Rust-Oleum is a must-have when painting fiberglass, the chances of paint leaks might be problematic at times.
However, for us, this paint’s incredible ability to resist corrosion has made it ideal for any fiberglass door. On top of that, the oil-based formula pushed the durability to a better than expected level.
When you’ve got more than one door to cover up with paint, you need something sufficient in quantity and also excellent in quality. For such a case, Varathane 224495 Premium Gel Stain is an ideal option.
You won’t have to worry about the paint dripping or running with the thicker consistency of this paint. All you need to do is give it one hour, and the complete 60 sq ft area will be dried up fine before you even know it.
This also indicates that the Premium Gel Stain from Varathane provides excellent coverage in a comparatively lesser time.
The paint also supports vertical surfaces; using it on your door shouldn’t be a problem. Besides, you can try it on other things like furniture and window trims. Moreover, the wooden color gives the door more of a natural look.
- Thicker consistency prevents dripping and running
- The wooden color gives the door a natural look
- 2x coverage can color up to 60 sq ft area
- Versatile enough to be used on furniture and window trim
- Not useful over floors, decks, and siding
The thicker consistency of this Premium Gel Stain has given the paint’s durability a better edge. Plus, 2x coverage seems to be a cost saver as it covers a larger area than many other dyes.
Amongst most other fiberglass paints, the Dupli Color Epae 10000 stood out as the most budget-friendly option for us. Let’s read more about its features to find out about the value it offers.
This Premium Acrylic Enamel Spray Paint is a perfect paint and primer combination. Additionally, you don’t need any sanding before applying this paint. Using the spray is simple and super easy – shake and spray it! Please take 25 minutes, then wait for it to dry up.
The anti-rust projection system doesn’t allow any rust to occur anywhere on the door surface. On top of that, Fusion Adhesion Technology makes sure the painting is sustaining for a more extended period.
- Fusion Adhesion Technology higher the durability
- An anti-rust projection system saves from rusting
- The combination of primer and paint eliminates additional prep
- ‘Shake & spray’ usage process makes the application easier
- Slight color changes were seen after application.
We believe that paint being long-lasting matters the most when coloring up a fiberglass door. Here, the Fusion Adhesion Technology of this Dupli Color Epae 10000 paint has proven to be impressively helpful in meeting that condition.
Indeed it’s better to color up a door with paint that withstands the weather. So if that’s what you want too, give Rust-Oleum 238313 Door Paint a chance.
As it’s weather-resistant, the paint can sustain both sunlight and rain. But, of course, a fair share of thanks goes to the coating’s corrosion resistance. And yes, you can apply it over wood too.
Not only that, but the paint can also resist chipping, abrasion, and fading. And the look? The satin finish ensures that you’re getting the low-sheen look on your door.
The paint comes with an oil-based formula. Along with being durable, its coating is protective enough to prevent rust. But what is equally impressive is its coverage. After all, it can color and cover up to 105 square feet! But what we couldn’t appreciate much is the drying time, which can take up to 2 hours.
- Weather resistance protects from adverse weather conditions
- The coverage is good enough to color up to 105 sq ft
- Oil-based formula saves the door from rust
- The satin finish gives the door a low-sheen look
- Dry time is comparatively higher than some competitors.
Our wrap on this door paint from Rust-Oleum is simple. But, of course, like any other door, fiberglass might be subject to external weather conditions. Luckily, this paint will save you from all the trouble your door might face during unfavorable conditions.
The best paint for a fiberglass door can enhance the durability of your door. On top of that, it pushes the visual appeal sky high. But that’s only when you’ve managed to pick the right one. So, which one from the above do you think is perfect for the paint job you have in mind?