Where do you put cable box with wall mounted TV?
- Your cable box needs to be static. Placing it on the fireplace mantle is a good option, provided it is wide enough.
- The cable management is a bit tricky. Running cables into another room can work if there is not enough space.
- Mantles can also get cluttered up very easily.
How do I hide my cable TV console?
- Use Cord Clips to Hide Your Wires Behind a TV Stand.
- Use Zip Ties to Keep Your Wires from Touching the Floor.
- Use a Cable Management Box.
- Use a Wall Cord Raceway Kit.
- Hide Your TV Wires Inside a Baseboard Raceway.
Can you hide the cable box in wall? Run Cables Through the Wall
You can hide your cable box and other devices in an entertainment cabinet or in another room. In either case, you’ll need to run the cables through the wall. Make sure that all cables are rated for in-wall installation. To get started, remove your TV from its wall mount.
How do I hide the cables behind my TV stand?
- 1 Where do you put cable box with wall mounted TV? – Additional Questions
- 1.1 How do you hide the cords on a wall mounted TV without drilling?
- 1.2 How much does it cost to mount a TV and hide wires?
- 1.3 How do you chase a wall for TV cables?
- 1.4 Is it better to wall mount a TV or put it on a stand?
- 1.5 How do you hide the cords on a wall mounted TV with a brick fireplace?
- 1.6 How do you hide wires from TV above fireplace?
- 1.7 Is it OK to put a TV above the fireplace?
- 1.8 Should the TV go over the fireplace?
- 1.9 How can I make my TV look better above a fireplace?
- 1.10 Where do you put a TV in a living room with a fireplace?
- 1.11 How high should a 65 inch TV be mounted above a fireplace?
- 1.12 Is it OK to mount TV over gas fireplace?
- 1.13 How far should you sit from a 65 inch TV?
- 1.14 How far should couch be from TV over fireplace?
- 1.15 Does the sofa have to face the TV?
- 1.16 Should TV be bigger or smaller than fireplace?
- 1.17 How big is too big for TV over fireplace?
- 1.18 Should mantel be wider than fireplace?
- 1.19 Should TV console be bigger than TV?
- 1.20 How much space do you need between TV and electric fireplace?
- 1.21 Does the back of an electric fireplace get hot?
Where do you put cable box with wall mounted TV? – Additional Questions
How do you hide the cords on a wall mounted TV without drilling?
How much does it cost to mount a TV and hide wires?
Cost to Mount TV and Hide Wires
Mounting a TV and hiding the wires in the wall could run upwards of $1,000 or more. If you opt for cable covers that adhere to the wall, you won’t pay nearly as much. These kits run from $10 to $40 for materials only, not counting labor.
How do you chase a wall for TV cables?
Is it better to wall mount a TV or put it on a stand?
The most obvious benefit of mounting your television versus having a stand is that it’s a huge space saver. This is especially beneficial to small space dwellers who never had room for a large entertainment center in the first place.
How do you hide the cords on a wall mounted TV with a brick fireplace?
- Check the temperature. House appliances and a high level of heat don’t go well.
- Viewing angle. The best position to mount tv is at eye level.
- Band cords. Tv cords can make a lot of mess.
- Paint the raceway.
- Create art with wires.
- The pallet.
- Hire a temp.
- Workaround the fireplace.
How do you hide wires from TV above fireplace?
Is it OK to put a TV above the fireplace?
It’s not advisable to mount a TV above a fireplace because excess heat and electronics don’t mix. The area above the fireplace is often warmer than other wall surfaces in your home. Consider this: A gas fireplace can generate 20,000 to 35,000 British thermal units (BTUs) of heat per hour.
Should the TV go over the fireplace?
It is generally not safe to mount a TV over a wood-burning fireplace. That’s due to both the high heat and smoke that wood fires create. Any heat and smoke not vented up the chimney will cascade over the front of the mantel and around your TV, damaging the electronics.
How can I make my TV look better above a fireplace?
“I would recommend painting the wall around the fireplace, and behind the TV, a neutral and bright color that matches the undertones or secondary colors of the fireplace to really make the fireplace be the main focus,” shares Kazimierski. “You usually can’t go wrong with white, light beige or light gray.”
Where do you put a TV in a living room with a fireplace?
As far as TV placement, you will want to mount your TV in the corner where your fireplace wall and a perpendicular wall meet. This, again, ties back to simplifying furniture arrangement by keeping key points of focus in closer proximity.
How high should a 65 inch TV be mounted above a fireplace?
In general, the answer is 60-68 inches above the ground; however, this number will vary depending on the height of the homeowner. If you have to lift or strain your neck at all, it’s too high.
Is it OK to mount TV over gas fireplace?
In most cases, you should not install electronics above wood-burning stoves or gas fireplaces and inserts because they produce massive amounts of heat. That heat could severely damage your tv or other electronic devices.
How far should you sit from a 65 inch TV?
A 65” TV– You should sit between 8 and 13.5 feet away from the screen. A 70” TV– You should sit between 9 and 14.5 feet away from the screen. A 75” TV– You should sit between 9.5 and 15.5 feet away from the screen. An 80” TV– You should sit between 10 and 16.5 feet away from the screen.
How far should couch be from TV over fireplace?
So, if you are looking at a 65” TV, you should be sitting approximately 97” away (65 x 1.5). Or, working backwards, if your seating is 9′, or 108”, from the fireplace then you should consider something in the neighborhood of 70” (108/1.5).
Does the sofa have to face the TV?
You can also place couches perpendicular to the television or shift the couch so that it rests on a slight angle. Most people, however, still prefer having a couch directly facing their TV as long as it doesn’t impede the accessibility of the rest of the room.
Should TV be bigger or smaller than fireplace?
To be more visually appealing, a fireplace should be at least 6-8 inches bigger than the TV. For this reason, many homeowners choose to install longer electric fireplaces.
How big is too big for TV over fireplace?
In our experience, the fireplace should be a little wider (6-8 inches) than the TV. This allows the wall to frame the TV, while offering sleek lines for the edges of the fireplace. Having more space beyond the TV edges can sometimes make the TV look too small for the wall it is on.
Should mantel be wider than fireplace?
The answer is a big, resounding yes. As a general rule of thumb, the mantel should at least be three inches wider on both sides of the fireplace. The average mantel width in most homes is six to twelve inches. With these dimensions, you can effectively deflect the heat coming from the firebox.
Should TV console be bigger than TV?
A good rule is to make sure that the width of your stand is at least two inches wider than the width of your TV. Also, your stand will most likely mention the ideal size of television for its width.
How much space do you need between TV and electric fireplace?
Recommended Space Between the TV and Electric Fireplace
In general, for most fireplace models, we advise 8 inches from the top of the fireplace to the mantel, TV or ceiling and 6 inches from the bottom of the fireplace to the floor.
Does the back of an electric fireplace get hot?
The back of an electric fireplace may get warm during operation as a result of the electrical components inside giving off small amounts of heat, but the back of an electric fireplace is unlikely to get hot.