Where do I start decluttering when overwhelmed?
- Remove the easiest things first.
- Discard larger items next.
- Donate items instead of selling them.
- Break your large space into smaller bite-size challenges.
- Work until your bite-size piece is completed.
How do you stop cluttering in a small apartment?
- Have less stuff (purge, purge, purge).
- Have a space for everything.
- Have more spaces than you think you need.
- Use the walls.
- Embrace opacity.
- Stop clutter before it starts.
- Let yourself cheat (a little).
How long does it take to declutter an apartment? Decluttering for a Move: Room-by-Room Checklist. The following checklists are organized by room to help you tackle the challenge of decluttering in a systematic way. The time it takes to declutter each room will vary by household, but we recommend spending about one week per room as a rule of thumb.
How do I live a Decluttered life?
- Back up everything stored digitally.
- Delete what doesn’t serve you.
- Organize files and apps.
- Toss the trash.
- Store specialty or seasonal items.
- Get rid of anything expired.
- Separate by seasons.
- Donate what you don’t wear.