What to do on a hot day when you are bored?
- Drive to the nearest beach and catch some rays.
- Halo-halo date, anyone?
- Movie marathon!
- Host a water balloon fight.
- Three words: indoor ice skating!
- Spend an afternoon in the National Museum.
- Or check out the National Planetarium.
- Hang out in a board game cafe.
What to do when it’s too hot to do anything?
RELATED: The 8 Best Alternatives to Foundation for When It’s Just Too Hot
- Get busy. If you have to stay indoors, you might as well get frisky.
- Become an oil-proofing pro.
- Ice out your beauty routine.
- Channel your inner J.
- Hit the gym.
- Weather-proof your wardrobe.
- Tend to your sunburn.
What can you do on a hot day from home outside?
- Plant a garden. Here are a few tips for gardening with kids.
- Have a picnic.
- Fly a kite.
- Go camping in the backyard.
- Make an obstacle course.
- Go on a scavenger hunt around your neighborhood.
- Give the car a good wash.
- Make DIY chalk paint, then decorate the driveway.
What can my 12 year old do this summer?
- Take a hike with your family.
- Put together an awesome indoor terrarium.
- Write a letter with a duck tape flower pen.
- DIY bath bombs. So fun.
- Play some old-school board games.
- Make a nebula in a bottle.
- Wear these adorable fabric bracelets.
- Redecorate your bedroom.