What scent will keep the rats away? Rats have a powerful sense of smell. You can repel rats from your home and garden with scents they dislike, such as clover, garlic, onion, hot peppers containing capsaicin, house ammonia, used coffee grounds, peppermint, eucalyptus, predator (cat) scent, white vinegar, and citronella oil.
What is the best repellent for mice and rats?
- MaxMoxie Pest Repeller.
- Peppermint Essential Oil.
- Rodent Repellent 4 Scent Pouches.
- Exterminator’s Choice Vehicle Defence Rodent Repellent.
- Loraffe Ultrasonic Rodent Repellent.
What is a good homemade rat repellent?
- Spread peppermint oil, cayenne pepper, black pepper, or cloves around the home’s exterior to prevent the rats from entering the house in the first place.
- Sprinkle crushed pepper (or spray pepper spray) near rat openings and holes.
What scent gets rid of mice and rats? Mice can be easily avoided around your household by simply adding the scent of peppermint in corners where they congregate. Yes, that’s right, peppermint.