What kind of paint do you use on baseboard heaters? What kind of paint should I use? A: If you are referring to baseboard radiator systems for boilers, they don’t get very hot and, after a coat of metal primer, can take any kind of paint. Experts advise using an oil-based alkyd paint.
Can you paint heating baseboards? Pretty much any paint will work with this kind of heating system – water and oil based paints work equally well over oil-based clean metal primer.
What kind of paint do you use on a heater? You won’t need a special heater paint, but you can use heat-resistant lacquer, appliance epoxy, premium enamel or automobile paint and cover the heater element to protect the fins from getting paint on them.
How do you cover baseboard heaters when painting?
- Disconnect the power source from the heater.
- Take it outside and work on a flat surface or table.
- Prepare the surface.
- Use the bucket of water and a clean cloth to clean the entire surface.
- Mask the wall and baseboard around the heater element using painter’s tape.
- Apply a metal primer and evenly coat the surface.