What kind of paint do you use on a headboard? Paint the surface with Satin Enamel. The shape and style of your headboard will determine which type of paintbrush to use. Our headboard was quite intricate with a lot of detail so we used both flat and angled brushes. Let the paint dry fully and then apply a second coat (if needed).
Can I paint my bed headboard? Now, the tried and true question is, “Can you paint a fabric headboard?” Yes! You definitely can. I’ve painted fabric a few times before when updating vintage chairs. It works fairly well, but there are a few tips that will help it turn out the best.
Can I spray paint my headboard? If you are bored with the same dull headboard but don’t have the pocketbook to buy a new bed, try turning the old one – or a secondhand headboard from a garage sale or thrift shop – into something new with spray paint.
How do you Recolour a headboard?
- Spread a drop cloth in a well-ventilated work area.
- Clean your headboard with a tablespoon of dish detergent added to a bucket of warm water.
- Remove peeling paint using a metal scraper.
- Wipe your headboard with a tack cloth to remove dust and grit.
- Shake your can of bonding primer well.