What kind of light do you put in a laundry room? Natural sunlight is the best kind of light for cleaning clothes because in it you can easily assess how dirty or clean something is. Stains and the lack thereof are very easily detectable in natural light. Sometimes, natural light isn’t an option. Either because the laundry room is subterranean or otherwise windowless.
Can you put a chandelier in a laundry room? Pendant trends come and go, but chandeliers are forever. Yes, we’re 100% suggesting you install a chandelier in your laundry room if you’re feeling fancy.
How bright should a laundry room be? We recommend 1180 lumens for each ceiling mounted fixture in an 8×10 laundry room. This is the equivalent of 75 Watt worth of incandescent light. The LED or tape lighting should be in the 840-lumen range, which is the equivalent of 60 Watt bulb.
What are some current lighting trends?
- Use lighting as a design focal point.
- Make a statement with sculptural lighting.
- Opt for artful ceiling lights.
- Go for bold statement pieces.
- Take a symmetrical approach.
- Light up your space with color.
- Increase your interest in bedroom lighting.