What is the easiest way to remove deck boards?
How do you take down an elevated deck?
- Know What You’re Working With. “Demolishing a deck entails a lot of work,” says Weber.
- Start With the Railing.
- Remove Deck Boards.
- Pull the Steps Apart.
- Cut the Deck Away from Your Home.
- Tear Down Decking Joists and Rim Joist.
- Dig Out Supporting Deck Posts.
How much does it cost to tear a deck down? The national average price of deck removal is around $850, including debris disposal. Generally speaking, you can expect to pay $2-$6 per square foot to remove your deck, or around $600-$1,000 for the whole project. However, your exact deck removal cost can vary.
How do you take up decking?
- Inspect the elements of your deck.
- Gather the tools you are going to need demolish the deck.
- Take apart the railing elements.
- Next dismantle the boards.
- Carefully remove the steps.
- Detach the deck from your home.
- To take care of the decking and rim joints.