What is the best lighting for a hallway? For curved, narrow hallway lighting ideas, avoid low hanging lighting, lights on the walls, or anything that closes the space down. Instead, try recessed lighting or ceiling lights, which will light the way and open the space up with its inconspicuous design.
How do you illuminate a hallway?
- Place lights every eight feet, at least.
- Draw the eye down the hallway by placing a light close to either end.
- If you’re choosing sconces, place them high on the wall to draw the eye up and make the space feel open.
- Stand at both ends of the hall and check for dark spots.
What is the best lighting for a dark hallway?
- Recessed ceiling lights.
- Semi-flush ceiling lights.
- Rise and fall pendants.
- Create a Focal Point.
- Layer Different Forms of Lighting.
- Illuminate Areas of Interest.
- Add a Mirror to your hallway.
- Opting for a glass front door.
What color light is best for hallways? Warm colour temperature
The warmer the light, the lower the number of Kelvin. For hallways, you should look for a warmer colour temperate ranging from 3000k–2700k. This will create a warm and welcoming feeling when entering the home.