What draws mice into your house?
- Sweet Fruits and Berries.
- Pet Food.
- Nearly Any Kind of Meat.
- Grains and Seeds.
- Dinner Leftovers.
What smell keeps the mice away? Mice have a very keen sense of smell that is much stronger than what humans experience. You can use this trait to repel mice and use scents that mice hate like cinnamon, vinegar, dryer sheets, clove oil, peppermint, tea bags, mint toothpaste, ammonia, cloves, clove oil, and cayenne pepper.
How do you keep mice away from your house?
- Take down the “Welcome” sign.
- Seal all possible entries.
- Peppermint oil, cayenne pepper, pepper and cloves.
- Place tubs of used kitty litter around entrances to the house.
- Ammonia smells like the urine of a possible predators.
- Try a humane trap.
- Zap with beeps.
Where do mice hide during the day? House mice prefer living in cool, dark places during the day. The most common areas they like to hide are in between walls, pantries, cupboards, sofas, old boxes, and other similar areas wherein they would not be disturbed inside your home.