What do I do if I see a mouse in my apartment?
- Tell your landlord that you’ve seen a mouse.
- Figure out how the mouse got into your apartment.
- Keep your apartment clean.
- Store your food properly.
- Reduce potential hiding spots for mice.
- Set a mousetrap or bait.
- Check mouse traps and bait often.
Is it normal to have a mouse in your apartment? While it’s normal for a couple of mice to make it indoors at this time of the year, that’s all it should be. If you are actively seeing signs of mice in your home, this means there is an infestation.
Is it possible to have just 1 mouse? A single mouse is a rare occurrence, but the mouse might be alone if the weather has been cold. On average, most mouse sightings indicate a more significant infestation, so having a solitary mouse in your home is pretty rare.
Does one mouse mean infestation? Question: Does one mouse mean an infestation? Answer: One mouse is not considered an infestation, per se. However, one mouse will almost always lead to an infestation if control methods are not put in place.