What can I spray on my porch lights to keep bugs away? Spray Your Porch And Lights With A Bug-Repellent
Simply add a small amount of soapy water and some essential oils to a spray bottle, and spray around your porch lights. Some of the best oils to use are rosemary, mint, clove oil, lavender, citronella, lemongrass & peppermint.
Why are bugs attracted to porch lights? A phototactic animal or insect is one that instinctively moves to or away from light. The bugs that are swarming around your porch lights are positively phototactic, which means that they’re attracted to it. Bugs like cockroaches are negatively phototactic, which is why they scuttle away when you turn on a light.
How do I keep bugs off my deck lights?
- A clean patio is a pest-free patio.
- Refresh your lighting.
- Plant a few herbs.
- Burn citronella torches.
- Spray essential oils in the space.
- Grow pest-deterrent flowers.
- Break out the mouthwash.
- Use hydrogen peroxide.
How do I get rid of bugs around my lights at night?
- Changing Your Bulbs. The two factors you want to take most notice of are heat and brightness.
- Homemade Heroes. Citronella candles have been known to chase away bugs, and they’re fairly easy to make from scratch.
- Try Tinting.
- Call Pest Control.