What can I put in my garage to keep mice out? If you don’t have a pet, use mothballs or peppermint oil. Place scent deterrents near access points and along the walls of your garage. Mice use the walls to navigate in the dark, so making the walls unappealing can discourage nocturnal rodent activity.
Should I worry about a mouse in the garage? A mouse infestation in your garage can create a surprising amount of damage and debris. The mice might chew walls and electrical cords, as well as leave food waste and droppings. Plus, they can carry diseases. Fortunately, it’s usually fairly easy to get rid of mice in the garage.
How do I get rid of mice forever?
- Remove all food sources. Mice only need small amounts of food each day.
- Get rid of nesting materials.
- Seal entry points.
- Use natural mouse repellent.
- Get a cat.
- Try live traps.
- Use sound.
- Use essential oils.
What smells will keep mice away?
- Cinnamon. This has a strong and spicy aroma that mice probably hate.
- Vinegar. Mix some water and vinegar in a spray bottle to mist any areas where they have been seen more often.
- Dryer sheets.
- Cloves/clove oil.
- Peppermint oil.
- Mint toothpaste.