What can I do to get out of the house?
- Walk in nature. When you need a change of scenery, but aren’t feeling a more intense workout, going for a walk is going to come in clutch.
- Go “camping” in your backyard.
- Lace up for a run.
- Explore your town.
- Bust out your jump rope.
- Take some photos.
- Grow some food.
- Run some stairs.
How do you get out of your house with nothing to do?
- Go kayaking.
- Rent a lake house with friends.
- Hit up a massive music festival.
- Attend an outdoor movie screening.
- Spend a day fishing.
- Spend a weekend camping in the great outdoors.
- Or just camp out in the backyard.
- Hit up the local amusement park at night.
Can’t get myself to leave the house? About agoraphobia
Agoraphobia is a type of anxiety disorder. A person with agoraphobia is afraid to leave environments they know or consider to be safe. In severe cases, a person with agoraphobia considers their home to be the only safe environment. They may avoid leaving their home for days, months or even years.
How do I get out and do more?
- Join a club. No duh, right?
- Attend a Meetup. If a club sounds a little too… well, “clubby” for your tastes, maybe you’d be happier at a meetup.
- Take a class.
- Teach a class.
- Look up local bloggers or twitterers.
- Go to conferences.