Is white mold on wood harmful? White mold on a wooden table or floor can be potentially dangerous because it will eventually eat away at the wood and cause severe damage. The best thing you can do is wet a cloth with white vinegar and place it over the area where the white mold has been growing for up to three days.
What causes white fungus on wood? The cause of white mold is the same as all types of mold. Mold needs two things to thrive – a moist environment and a food source. Many times, the moisture is caused by leaks or poorly ventilated spaces. Common food sources are wood, drywall, carpeting and other organic materials.
How do you get rid of white mold fungus? Mix two teaspoons of organic neem oil with a half-gallon of water into a sprayer, and apply liberally on the infected plant every few days until the mold is gone. 2. Try mouthwash. Ethanol-based mouthwash can be an effective treatment for white mold.
Does white mold make you sick? Even milder forms can endanger your health. Since some people don’t realize that white mold is mold, it may put them at risk for extended periods. The symptoms induced by white mold include allergic reactions, respiratory infections, eye irritations, dizziness, nausea, headaches, and even depression.