Is Swiffer WetJet toxic to animals? Simply put, Swiffer WetJet is safe to use around pets, as long as you follow the label directions. The product’s pads could cause a gastrointestinal blockage if eaten, and a large amount of the cleaning solution could lead to toxicity, but most pets should be smart enough to avoid guzzling the solution.
Are Swiffer wet pads toxic to cats? So, here comes the ultimate question – are Swiffer’s WetJet products safe for cats, dogs and other pets? Yes, Swiffer WetJets are safe for cats. Their chemicals don’t cause toxicity.
Why is Swiffer bad for pets? The Swiffer pads still pose a choking hazard and can block a pet’s gastrointestinal tract if ingested. If your pet has consumed large amounts of cleaning fluid or a new or used pad, contact the ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center at 888-426-4435.
What can I use instead of a Swiffer wet pad? If you have a Swiffer Sweeper, there is absolutely no need to buy a WetJet or wet mopping pads! Instead, fill a spray bottle with floor cleaner solution (1 part water, 1 part vinegar, 2-3 drops of dish soap) and spray the area of floor that you want to mop.