Is it harmful to drink Windex? Glass cleaning products like Windex® contain solvents, surfactants, and ammonia to clean glass surfaces. Some products also contain fragrances and dyes. Small ingestions can cause minor mouth and throat irritation, stomach upset, and vomiting. Brief contact with the skin can cause minor redness and irritation.
Can a little bit of Windex kill you? Mixing bleach and ammonia (an ingredient found in some types of Windex and other glass cleaners) is a major no-no. This mixture forms chloramine vapor, a toxic gas that can burn your lungs, and enough of it can also form hydrazine, a dangerous liquid that can explode.
What do you do if you get Windex in your mouth? If the person swallowed the window cleaner, give them water or milk right away, unless a provider tells you not to. DO NOT give anything to drink if the person has symptoms that make it hard to swallow. These include vomiting, convulsions, or a decreased level of alertness.
Can breathing in Windex kill you? By itself, bleach can damage your skin but is non-toxic when inhaled. However, it can become potentially lethal to inhale when mixed with other household cleaners.