Is it easy to put on a toilet seat? Installing or replacing a toilet seat is a fairly straightforward job. Whether you’re replacing your loo seat because it’s old, damaged or you want a new style; all you’ll need are some basic tools.
How do you put a toilet seat back on its hinges?
Do all toilet seats attach the same? Your seat post holes should measure 5.5 inches, and, if they do, all standard toilet seats will fit your seat post holes regardless of shape.
How do you remove a hidden bolt from a toilet seat?
- 1 Is it easy to put on a toilet seat? – Additional Questions
- 1.1 How do you replace a concealed toilet seat?
- 1.2 How do you tighten a toilet seat with no access underside American standard?
- 1.3 How do you remove a metal bolt from a toilet seat?
- 1.4 How do you remove the hidden repairs on a Kohler toilet?
- 1.5 How do you tighten a toilet seat with conceal fittings?
- 1.6 How do you remove Bemis toilet seat bolts?
- 1.7 How do you install a Bemis elongated toilet seat?
- 1.8 How do you remove a top fixing toilet seat?
- 1.9 How do you install a Kohler toilet seat?
- 1.10 How do you use a Kohler quick release toilet seat?
- 1.11 How do I know what model my Kohler toilet is?
- 1.12 How do I identify my Kohler toilet seat?
- 1.13 How do I know what model toilet I have?
- 1.14 How do I know what toilet seat I have?
- 1.15 What model toilet do I have?
- 1.16 How long do toilets usually last?
- 1.17 How do you measure for a new toilet seat?
- 1.18 Do toilets come with seats?
- 1.19 Are there different types of toilet seats?
- 1.20 What height toilet is best for pooping?
- 1.21 Why do toilet seats have lids?
Is it easy to put on a toilet seat? – Additional Questions
How do you replace a concealed toilet seat?
How do you tighten a toilet seat with no access underside American standard?
STEP 1: Begin by lifting up the seat, and simultaneously press the buttons and pull up to remove it. STEP 2: Remove the hinge covers. STEP 3: Using a screwdriver, tighten the screws – be careful not to overtighten. STEP 4: Replace the hinge covers, and place the seat back onto the toilet hinges.
How do you remove a metal bolt from a toilet seat?
Remove all the bolts and nuts and then lift the seat off the bowl. Place all of this in the plastic bag, seal it and dispose. If the seat is attached with a traditional metal bolt and metal nut, grab your socket wrench and fit it over the long bolt that grips the nut. Turn the nut counterclockwise to loosen.
How do you remove the hidden repairs on a Kohler toilet?
How do you tighten a toilet seat with conceal fittings?
How do you remove Bemis toilet seat bolts?
How do you install a Bemis elongated toilet seat?
How do you remove a top fixing toilet seat?
How do you install a Kohler toilet seat?
How do you use a Kohler quick release toilet seat?
How do I know what model my Kohler toilet is?
The model number is located inside the tank, either molded into the china or stamped with blue or black ink. The model number consists of four or five digits and may include a K prefix. In some cases, the model number is preceded by 97 or F.
How do I identify my Kohler toilet seat?
- KOHLER plastic toilet seats have a KOHLER logo molded into the bottom of the toilet seat ring.
- As of October 2019, most KOHLER plastic toilet seats have the model number and color code printed on the underside of the toilet seat hinge.
How do I know what model toilet I have?
Finding your toilet manufacturer and/or model number: Carefully remove the toilet tank lid and set it gently on the floor, with the bottom facing up. Look for the manufacturer name or a number on the bottom side of the water tank lid.
How do I know what toilet seat I have?
Look for the name of the collection
You might not have realised it, but if you closely look at the back side of the cover, you might find the name of the model printed on it.
What model toilet do I have?
The number: Look under the water tank lid (on the bottom), or on the inside walls of the tank. * The number on the lid may or may not be the same as the in the tank or the number of the complete toilet model.
How long do toilets usually last?
Most plumbers agree that an average toilet can last around 50 years. However, this is only when the toilet is well maintained and gently used. If it was improperly installed or frequently misused, it may not last as long.
How do you measure for a new toilet seat?
Using a tape measure, determine the distance between the center of the mounting holes in the back of the toilet. The standard measurement for this distance is 5 ½”, with a midpoint of approximately 2 ¾”. Place the hook of your tape measure at the midpoint and measure to the outside edge of the toilet bowl rim in front.
Do toilets come with seats?
Most toilets come in separate pieces and don’t include the seat. Choose a seat that complements the color of the toilet and the décor of your bathroom. Think about the following items when choosing your seat: The seat shape depends upon the shape of the bowl: round or elongated.
Are there different types of toilet seats?
- Plastic Toilet Seats. Plastic seats are more common.
- Wooden Toilet Seats. Wooden toilet seats are less able to withstand wear and tear, but they will offer you a warmer seat in the winter!
- Soft Close Seats.
- Ultra-Slim Seats.
- Bidet Seats/Smart Seats.
What height toilet is best for pooping?
If your toilet is higher than 16 inches from floor to rim, you’ll likely need a higher (9 inches) toilet stool in order to raise your knees up enough to unkink your colon. If your toilet is shorter than 16 inches from floor to rim, any toilet stool will likely work.
Why do toilet seats have lids?
every time! The lid was designed to keep germs where they belong, in the bowl and down the drain! If you leave the lid up when you flush, those germs can float around your bathroom, landing on any available surface, including towels, hairbrushes or even toothbrushes.