How many cups does it take to make a sparkle ball? You’ll need 50 soft 9 oz. solo-style plastic cups, a hole-puncher, a drill with a 1/2″ bit, a string of mini-lights (100-150), and 200 small zip-ties or your choice of connectors like wire. (recycled clean cups will work perfectly as will an old string of mini-lights.)
How do you make Christmas ornaments out of plastic cups?
How do you make a Christmas ball with Solo cups?
- Slowly drill a 3/8″ hole in the center of of the bottom of each Solo cup.
- Lay 12 Solo cups side by side, forming a ring or wreath.
- Place 9 Solo cups on their sides on top of the first layer.
- Add 4 more Solo cups to complete 1/2 of your DIY Holiday Ball.
- Repeat steps 1-4 in order to create the other half.
How do you make plastic cup lights?