How do you tie off a hand stitch? At the end of your line of stitching, make a very tiny stitch (this stitch should go through both layers of fabric!) and pull the thread through. Now reinsert the needle and put it through the same stitch. Pull gently on the thread and you’ll see a loop forming. Pass your needle through the loop and begin to pull.
How do you close a simple stitch?
- Slide the needle under an existing stitch.
- Pull it through to make a loop.
- Pass the needle through the loop.
- Pull the needle to close the loop and make a knot.
- Repeat under the same stitch to make a second knot for added security.
How do you secure the last stitch?
How do you end a embroidery stitch?