How do you restore an old soapstone sink?
- Clean the soapstone sink with a dishcloth and mild dishwashing liquid.
- Apply mineral oil to the soapstone with a clean, dry cloth.
- Wipe away any excess mineral oil to keep the sink from being slick.
- Rub sandpaper in a circular motion over any deeper scratches, using a medium pressure.
What is the best way to clean soapstone?
- Put a few drops of dish soap into a bucket of warm water.
- Using a clean sponge, wipe your soapstone countertops completely.
- Rinse the sponge or use a clean cloth to wipe any excess soap from the countertop.
- Allow to dry.
How do you get stains out of soapstone? Stains are easily cleaned by scrubbing or even sanding the stains away. However soapstone is a very soft stone and is prone to scratches. Minor scratches are easily repaired with an FDA approved food grade mineral oil or enhancer.
Can you use bleach on a soapstone sink? Believe it or not, bleach will not harm it either. However, Bleach is not needed, since the soapstone’s natural high density will not harbor bacteria of any kind. Simple soapstone and water or vinegar and water. Will work wonderfully well and clean any surface bacteria just as well as bleach or harsh cleaners.