How do you remove paint from wood cabinets? Apply lacquer thinner, denatured alcohol, or varnish or paint remover to a small section of the furniture and allow it to work for 10 to 20 seconds. Wipe it off with a rough cloth; if the finish comes off easily, you can use the same product to remove the entire finish.
How do you remove paint from wood without damaging the finish? Wood Shop. Denatured alcohol, a clean rag, and a lot of patience can remove latex paint without damaging wood. Oil-based paint spatters require mineral spirits, but be careful not to soak the wood, as this will cause damage. Wipe thoroughly with clean water and dry once the paint is removed.
How do you get dried paint off kitchen cabinets? Rub acetone on factory-finished metal or melamine cupboards, turning the rag frequently and adding more acetone as needed. Acetone will remove most types of dried paint but isn’t harsh enough to damage most factory finishes.
What is the best paint remover for kitchen cabinets?
- Best Overall: Citri-Strip Paint and Varnish Stripping Gel.
- Most Eco Friendly: Dumond Smart Strip Advanced Paint Remover.
- Fastest Working: Sunnyside 2-Minute Advanced Paint Remover.
- Most Family Friendly: MAX Strip Paint & Varnish Stripper.
- Most Heavy Duty: Dumond Peel Away 1 Heavy-Duty Paint Remover.