How do you remove hard stains from a toilet bowl?
- Grab the Borax and pour ¼ cup into your toilet bowl. Then, using a toilet brush, swish it around.
- Add 1 cup of vinegar. Allow the solution to sit in your toilet bowl for about 20 minutes.
- Use a toilet brush to scrub the bowl clean and eliminate any remaining stains.
What is the best stain remover for toilets?
- BEST OVERALL: Lysol Automatic Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Click Gel.
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Clorox Ultra Clean Toilet Tablets Bleach & Blue.
- BEST NATURAL: Better Life Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner, 24 Ounce.
- BEST HEAVY DUTY: Clorox Toilet Bowl Cleaner, Clinging Bleach Gel.
- BEST FOR STAINS: CLR PRO Calcium, Lime and Rust Remover.
How do you clean an extremely stained toilet? Mix equal parts baking soda and white vinegar in a bowl. Use a rag to apply the baking soda and vinegar mixture to the stains. Slowly pour 1 gallon of boiling water into the bowl. Let it sit for at least an hour before scrubbing with a toilet brush.
What is the brown stuff at the base of my toilet? The brown stain in the bottom of the toilet bowl comes from hard water, which is water that contains a high concentration of minerals. The minerals include calcium compounds, but the ones most responsible for brown stains are iron and manganese compounds. Iron oxide, or rust, is the main culprit.