How do you remove hard stains from a toilet bowl?
- Grab the Borax and pour ¼ cup into your toilet bowl. Then, using a toilet brush, swish it around.
- Add 1 cup of vinegar. Allow the solution to sit in your toilet bowl for about 20 minutes.
- Use a toilet brush to scrub the bowl clean and eliminate any remaining stains.
How do I get rid of brown stains in the bottom of my toilet? To remove brown stains in the toilet, you may want to turn to a heavy-duty acid cleaner that will dissolve the rust. But a harsh form of acid could damage your toilet, as could vigorous scrubbing. Instead, try pouring half a gallon of white vinegar into the bowl to tackle stains on the bottom.
How do you clean a heavily stained toilet?
- Pour 1 or 2 cups of white distilled vinegar into the toilet bowl.
- Sprinkle some baking soda. You will get a sizzling reaction.
- Wait about 15 minutes.
- Scrub the stains with your brush or pumice stone.
- Turn the water back on and flush.
Why is my toilet bowl stained brown? Water with too much iron and manganese can cause brown toilet bowl stains. Cleaning these brown stains is a difficult and time-consuming process. Water softeners prevent brown stains through a process called ion exchange. A water test can help you find your ideal water softener.