How do you remove dried Sharpie? Always apply the alcohol or acetone using a cloth or cotton ball and never apply directly to the garment. Apply a small amount of the ink stain and allow it to soak for at least five minutes. Begin blotting with a clean cloth or cotton ball. Repeat as needed.
How do you get Sharpie off instantly?
- Dip a cotton ball in some rubbing alcohol.
- Apply it to the marker stain and let it work for a few seconds.
- Wipe away gently with the cotton ball. Avoid rubbing, as that might cause skin irritation.
- Repeat a few times until the mark is gone.
- Moisturize the area with any dermatologist-approved moisturizer.
Does hand sanitizer remove Sharpie? Alcohol-based hand sanitizers do a good job of removing permanent marker ink. They reactivate the ink, allowing you to easily wipe the stain off. Cover the entire ink stain with hand sanitizer. Let it sit for about 30 seconds and then wipe off the ink with a soft rag.
Does nail polish remover get rid of Sharpie? Nail polish remover Nail polish remover that contains acetone is also an effective way to remove permanent marker stains. Just dampen a clean cloth with a little of the nail polish remover and use it to scrub the permanent marker stain clean.