How do you remove a stripped hex screw from a faucet handle? Push in the Torx head screwdriver using a hammer. The Torx head will offer grip in the stripped Allen screw. You can also try using a flathead screwdriver to create the grip. You can also use a drill.
How do you unscrew a stripped Allen screw?
- Use a Torx wrench instead.
- Put a rubber band on the screw head.
- Apply friction drops to your allen wrench.
- Grip the screw head with channel-lock pliers.
- Strike the screw with a hammer and screwdriver.
- Tap the screw counterclockwise with a center punch.
How do you remove a stuck screw from a faucet? Wrap a rag that has been soaked in a 50% solution of distilled white vinegar around the area of the set screw. Let that sit for 30 minutes or so. Use an old toothbrush and wooden pick to clean out debris.
How do you remove corroded faucet nuts?