How do you remove a faucet handle when the set screw is stripped?
Unlike most screws, faucet set screws are too soft for screw extractors.
- Insert a cobalt drill bit into your drill.
- Position the drill bit over the the first hole and drill out the screw head.
- Pull the faucet handle away from the faucet.
How do you get a broken screw out of a faucet?
How do you remove a set screw?
- Spray a penetrating lubricant on the set screw, especially in the seam between the set screw and the base of the object.
- Press down on the screwdriver or Allen wrench and turn the set screw counterclockwise.
- Hold the screwdriver or Allen wrench on the screw and tap the top of your tool with a hammer.
How do you remove a shower faucet with a stripped set screw?