How do you make an old wood dresser look new?
How to Refinish a Dresser
- Step 1: Choose a Stain. Staining beautifies wood and helps reduce the contrast between the different types of grains in different pieces of furniture.
- Step 2: Remove Hardware, Drawers and Clean Surfaces.
- Safety Alert!
- Step 3: Remove Old Finish.
- Step 4: Apply Sanding Sealer.
- Step 6: Finish It.
How do you rehab an old dresser?
How to do it
- apply wood stripper. Apply Wood Stripper. Remove hardware from the dresser and place in a safe spot.
- scrape off paint. Scrape Off Paint.
- remove residue on dresser. Remove Residue.
- sand dresser. Sand Dresser.
- stain dresser. Stain Dresser.
- apply polyurethane to wood. Apply Polyurethane to Refinished Dresser.
How do you bring a dresser back to life?
How do you refurbish a painted dresser?
- Sand the Existing Finish. If your dresser has a smooth finish and is in good shape, feel free to skip this step if you use chalk paint.
- Clean the Dresser and Let It Dry. Remove any dust and debris from the surface.
- Roll on a Coat of Paint.
- Trim With a Brush.
- Buff on a Wax Finish.
- Reattach Your Hardware.