How do you make an old mirror out of clear glass?
- PREPARE. Remove the glass from the frame and wipe with a dry cloth to get rid of any dust.
- MIX AND SPRAY THE SOLUTION. Mix a solution of one part vinegar to two parts water into a spray bottle.
- SPRAY THE MIRROR.
- DAB OFF THE VINEGAR SOLUTION.
- PAINT THE BACKING BOARD.
- PUT THE FRAME BACK TOGETHER.
How do you make glass look vintage? When making a set, don’t be afraid to start with a thicker paint amount and then water it down more and more as you do more bottles. You don’t need a lot of paint — start with adding a dime’s worth of paint and then diluting the paint down with water. The more water you add, the more subtle the antiquing will look.
How do you antique a mirror?
- Remove Mirror from Frame.
- Apply Paint Stripper.
- Remove Paint From Back of Mirror.
- Clean Mirror Surface.
- Prepare the Muriatic Acid.
- Apply Muriatic Acid to Back of Mirror.
- Remove Muriatic Acid from Mirror.
- Replace Antiqued Mirror in Frame.
How can I make a cheap mirror look expensive?