How do you keep midges away?
- Cover up. This is the simplest way to avoid being bitten.
- Wear a head net.
- Avoid wet ground.
- Avoid still and dull days.
- Take cover at dusk and dawn.
- Pre-treat your tent.
- Avoid sheltered and shaded areas.
- Head on high.
What home remedy gets rid of midges?
- Pour half an inch of apple cider vinegar into a dish or bowl.
- Mix with two drops of quality liquid detergent, like OMO.
- Place the bowls around your home, replacing every few days to catch more midges.
What keeps midges away naturally? Citronella candles
These are really effective and suit outdoor eating scenarios, picnics and BBQs, although BBQ smoke does a good job of keeping the midges away too. Midges dislike the smell of the candles, so burn a couple at a time to double your chances of keeping them away.
What to spray to get rid of midges? One of the most effective ways to repel mosquitoes and midges is to use a treatment spray containing bifenthrin. Such sprays work both via direct contact, and residual contact, making them effective well after application.