How do you keep an apartment warm without heat?
- Close all of your windows properly.
- Use cheap clear shower curtains over the windows that receive sun light.
- Put up curtains.
- Seal your doors.
- Let as much sun hit your house as possible.
- Close off any unused rooms.
- Put down a rug or carpet.
How do I keep my apartment from getting cold?
- Insulate the apartment windows.
- Install thermal curtains.
- Change the ceiling fan’s direction.
- Pick up a few door sweeps.
- Insulate walls for heat.
- Get thick floor coverings.
What should I keep the heat on in my apartment? The same goes for cooling costs: Keep the house warmer than normal when you’re not home and try to leave the thermostat at around 78 degrees F (26 degrees C) otherwise [sources: Department of Energy, Sierra Club].
What is the most efficient way to heat an apartment?
- Electric Panel Heaters.
- Electric Fan Heaters.
- Electric Radiant Oil Heaters.
- Ethanol Fireplaces.
- Kerosene Heaters.
- Gas Space Heaters. Permanent Solutions.
- Mini Split Heating and Air Conditioning Units.
- Electric Underfloor Heaters.