How do you illuminate a driveway?
- Build a Fence With Lighted Posts.
- Hang Solar Lanterns.
- Install In-Ground Rope Lighting.
- Consider Recessed Uplights.
- Add Solar Brick Lights to Your Driveway Design.
- Find Unique Stake Driveway Lights.
- Feature Solar Rock Lights for a Natural Look.
- Place Lighted Planters Down Your Driveway.
How do you light a driveway at night? Up-Lighting the Driveway:
If you prefer less noticeable fixtures, up-lights or well lights are an excellent option. They can help define the edge of the driveway and add ambient light. We’ve installed this type of fixture along the turf (shown above) and into the cement.
Can I put lights on my driveway? Ground lights aren’t just for landscaping, but can be installed directly into the driveway surface too. Position ground lights on either edge of the driveway to guide parking and walking at night.
Where should my driveway light be? In order to avoid the runway effect, path lights should be placed every ten to fifteen feet on alternating sides of the driveway. Additionally, you may choose to highlight features or plants along your driveway. Often a few up-lights in trees or shrubs that line the driveway provide the perfect amount of light.