How do you get the garbage smell out of your house?
- Baking Soda. Baking soda is really great at absorbing smells.
- Dryer Sheets. Dryer sheets work great at absorbing odors and drying out the trash can.
- Disinfectant Sprays.
- Activated Charcoal.
- Air Freshener.
What does it mean when you smell garbage? Trimethylaminuria is a disorder in which the body is unable to break down trimethylamine, a chemical compound that has a pungent odor. Trimethylamine has been described as smelling like rotting fish, rotting eggs, garbage, or urine.
What can cause a bad smell in your house?
- Kitchen. Stinky dishwasher. Garbage disposal.
- Living Room. Stinky carpet. New furniture.
- Bedroom. Stale sheets. Smelly closet.
- Bathroom. Musty mildew.
- Laundry Room. Stinky front-load washer.
- Mud Room. Shoes and outerwear.
How do you neutralize the smell of garbage?
- Sprinkle a ½ cup of baking soda on the bottom of the bin to absorb any unpleasant odors.
- In place of baking soda, you can also use a scoop of cat litter as a deodorizer.
- Dryer sheets are another great odor absorber and can give your trash bin a fresh scent.