How do you get rid of wasps under a deck?
- Peppermint Oil Solution. Spray the wasp nest with a peppermint oil solution.
- Vacuum Cleaner. Vacuum the wasps under your deck.
- Wasp Traps. Use wasp traps to get rid of wasps under the deck.
- Diatomaceous Earth.
- Wasp Insecticide.
What deters wasps from building nests? Instead of planting flowers around your porch, plant wasp-deterrent plants like pennyroyal, marigold, wormwood, mint, basil, and geranium. Stay vigilant about nests. It’s impossible to remove wasps entirely, so you have to stay vigilant about nest formation.
How do I keep bees from building a nest under my deck?
- Grow Specific Herbs Near the Deck.
- Never Keep Flowers and Strong-Scented Plants Near the Porch.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon.
- Place Garlic Around the Deck or Porch.
- Spray a Heavy Oil.
- Make a Garlic and Vinegar Solution.
- Use Baby Oil or Vanilla Extract.
- Serve Food Inside.
Do wasps live under decks? Block off decks and porches
If wasps can find warm, covered, and dark nest sites close to the ground, they’ll absolutely use them. In fact, spaces beneath decks, porches, and sheds are perfect for wasps. They may build into the corners of the underside of a deck or build out of the ground.