How do you get rid of flies on bananas?
- Pour apple cider vinegar into a jar until it’s around ¼ inch deep.
- Make a paper funnel, hold it together with tape.
- Place the funnel in the jar and make sure there aren’t any gaps around the edge where the funnel and jar meet.
- Put the trap near the source of the flies.
Do fruit flies come in on bananas? Sometimes, fruit flies hitch a ride into your home on fruits or vegetables. Yes, those bananas you brought home from the grocery store may already harbor a new generation of fruit flies. If you let your tomatoes over ripen on the vine before picking them, you may be harvesting fruit fly eggs along with your crop.
What is the best way to store bananas?
- Keep them cool and protected from the light: Bananas should be stored at around 12°C, as they will ripen quicker if they are too warm.
- Pop them into the fridge: If you want to store your bananas correctly, you can certainly store them in the fridge.
How do I keep fruit flies off my fruit?
- Throw out too-ripe or rotting produce. Check all fruits and vegetables for rot, decay, or overripeness.
- Mix apple cider vinegar and dish soap. Fill a bowl with vinegar and add a drop of dish soap, mixing well.
- Try beer or wine.
- Try a chemical fruit-fly spray.