How do you get melted plastic off a stove burner?
- Step 1: Let your stovetop cool completely.
- Step 2: Start by covering the melted plastic with baking soda.
- Step 3: Next, spray liberally with white vinegar.
- Step 4: Let the mixture bubble for about 30 seconds.
- Step 5: Use a scrubber sponge to remove any stuck on plastic.
- Step 6: Remove and discard plastic.
What dissolves melted plastic? Do It Yourself also recommends boiling water. With a spoon, pour a small amount of boiling water onto the melted plastic. This will warm up the plastic and soften it. Once the plastic has softened, use a rubber scraper to scrape it off.
What is the best way to remove melted plastic from glass stove top? When the burner and plastic have cooled completely, peel away as much of the plastic as possible. Use the spoon or dull knife, such as a butter knife to gently scrape away the plastic. Use caution not to scratch the glass surface of the stove. Spray the remaining plastic with WD-40 and let it set for a few minutes.
What do I do if I accidentally melted plastic in the oven?
- For a regular electric oven: Place a bag of ice directly on the melted plastic to chill it and make it more brittle.
- For a regular gas oven: First turn off the gas.
- For an oven with a self- or continuous-cleaning feature: Turn on the oven to its lowest setting and heat only until the plastic becomes pliable.