How do you get a broken snake out of a pipe?
- Try Snagging the Snake with a Retrieval Tip. The first option would be to try to snag the broken snake with a larger snake that has a snake retrieval tip (it kind of resembles a corkscrew that has expanded).
- Contact the Professionals.
How do you get a snake out of a drain trap?
- Place the cable of the drain auger at the beginning of the drain opening.
- Turn the handle for the drain auger clockwise to start the cable through the drain.
- Pull the cable back a little when you reach a corner by turning the handle counterclockwise.
Can a snake damage a drain pipe? Drain Snakes Can Damage Pipes
While billed as devices that are easy to use by anyone and everyone, drain snakes can be hard to manage, and if used improperly, can damage pipes. Old pipes in many homes are galvanized, or coated in zinc, which was done to prevent the pipe from rusting or corroding.
Can a drain snake break a PVC pipe? If the bottom of the pipe or fittings are missing this can cause the snake to catch and break the pipe. It can also cause the equipment to get stuck. Broken PVC pipe is another issue with drains.