How do you drown a stomping noise? To be effective against the low-frequency sounds you have just heard, it is paramount that you insert your earplugs quite deeply. The deeper you can get them in while still being comfortable, the better they are going to reduce footstep noise. Just do the best you can.
How do I stop noise from upstairs floors?
- Insulate the Ceiling.
- Improve the Mass of the Ceiling (without demo)
- Replace the Ceiling.
- Use Soundproofing Sealant.
- Install Drop Ceiling.
- Soundproof the Floor Above You.
- Use Resilient Underlayment with Damping Compound.
- Reduce Squeaking.
How do I deal with stomping upstairs neighbors?
- Add soundproof underlays.
- Decouple your drywall ceiling.
- Tell them about the noise that bothers you.
- Contact the house manager or the landlord.
- File a lawsuit against your neighbor.
- Reduce the noise by listening to your favorite music.
Is it normal to hear every step my upstairs neighbor? Is It Normal to Hear Every Step My Upstairs Neighbor Takes? Yes, hearing your upstairs neighbors walking throughout the day is quite normal. Regardless of the level of soundproofing you implement, there might always be sounds loud enough to get in.