How do you decorate a ledge at home? If you want to add a touch of elegance to your living room, consider placing decorative pots or vases on top of your high ledge. You can fill them with fresh flowers, greenery, or even branches. This is a great way to decorate your high ledge if you don’t want to use it for storage.
How do you decorate a stair ledge? Place Decor Pieces
Choose pieces of varying heights to break up the straight line of the ledge and the lighting above and opt for less rather than more. Two or three framed photos and a vase of flowers, a small collection of figurines, or items collected during your travels are all good options.
What do you put on window sills? Tea cans, mason jars, glass bottles, or even some old-fashioned pots … there are so many possibilities. Add pretty, delicate, bright flowers or even some kitchen herbs to create an organic, natural beauty spot for your home.
How do you decorate a plant shelf?
- 1 How do you decorate a ledge at home? – Additional Questions
- 1.1 How do you decorate an awkward ledge?
- 1.2 What do you put on a short shelf?
- 1.3 How do you organize plants on shelves?
- 1.4 How do you show plants on shelves?
- 1.5 How do you organize indoor plants on a shelf?
- 1.6 How do you style a bookshelf plant?
- 1.7 What plants can you put on shelves?
- 1.8 What do you put on top of a bookcase?
- 1.9 How do you decorate a shelf with succulents?
- 1.10 How do you get small succulents to show?
- 1.11 How do I show a lot of succulents?
- 1.12 How do you display a small cactus?
- 1.13 Where should I put a cactus in my house?
- 1.14 What looks good with cactus?
- 1.15 What goes with cactus?
- 1.16 What are the 10 most popular cactus?
- 1.17 How do I decorate my cactus?
- 1.18 What kind of flowers go with succulents?
- 1.19 What is the most beautiful succulent?
- 1.20 What greenery goes with succulents?
- 1.21 Should flowers be cut off succulents?
How do you decorate a ledge at home? – Additional Questions
How do you decorate an awkward ledge?
What do you put on a short shelf?
- Plants, plants and more plants. Plants are super on trend at the moment.
- Texture. Look for fun woven baskets, wooden prayers beads and little boxes to add texture to your shelves.
- Candle holders.
- Pictures, art prints and photos.
How do you organize plants on shelves?
The perfect plant shelf has a variety of different plants. Pick houseplants with attractive leaf shapes, patterns, and textures to add visual interest. Mix around leafy plants with statement plants, and plants that grow upward with plants trailing down your shelf.
How do you show plants on shelves?
How do you organize indoor plants on a shelf?
- Arrange in Odd Numbers. When you can, group plants in an odd number.
- Choose Different Sizes. Group plants together in different widths and heights.
- Think About Leaf Shapes.
- Include Plants With Colorful Leaves.
- Use Plenty of Decorative Pots.
- Don’t Forget Houseplant Care.
How do you style a bookshelf plant?
“Place tall ones next to smaller, wider plants, or stack some books on their side and use them as a throne for a nice potted plant,” she says. “I like it when there’s some volume on the top that visually makes the shelves take up more space in your room and turn it into a veritable vertical garden.”
What plants can you put on shelves?
Some better options on a shelf, for example, might include prayer plant, calathea, snake plant, pothos, philodendron, peace lily, ZZ plant, nerve plant, hoya, or ferns. All of these easy-care beauties will be super happy living on a shelf with a little indirect light.
What do you put on top of a bookcase?
How do you decorate a shelf with succulents?
- Make a statement with floating shelves.
- Line up Terra Cotta arrangements.
- Bring out western style with shallow desert-scapes.
- Accent your shelves with vintage pots.
- Line it up with a leaning bookcase.
- Go wild with a succulent tiered jungle.
How do you get small succulents to show?
How do I show a lot of succulents?
You can build a cement wall with lots of planters for a modern feel, or go for wire or wooden planters shaped in some creative way; use driftwood and logs as planters for succulents and add a natural feel to your space. Mix them with cacti and create your own jungle!
How do you display a small cactus?
Cactus arranged nicely in a crystal bowl will make a striking and long-lasting display. Living art: Tiny cacti and succulents hardly need any water, which is why they’re not confined to life in a pot. Create a still life like this one, with plants on spoons or in small ceramic vessels.
Where should I put a cactus in my house?
Cacti and succulents thrive with good light sources, and it is best to place cacti and succulents in a bright place. A south facing position will provide good sunlight. However, be careful to not put them in direct sunlight because the intense light can make the plants turn a yellow colour.
What looks good with cactus?
There is a wide range of companion plants and flowers that can bring out the best qualities of your cactus and share its space with a serene balance. These plants and flowers include the red valerian, African daisy, autumn sage, hummingbird plant, trailing lantana, and some types of Euphorbia.
What goes with cactus?
Agaves, yuccas and aloes are all excellent companion plants for cacti.
What are the 10 most popular cactus?
- Easter cactus.
- Old lady cactus.
- Bunny ear cactus.
- Blue columnar cactus.
- Star cactus.
- Barrel cactus.
- Fairy castle cactus.
- Saguaro cactus.
How do I decorate my cactus?
Use a light hand while decorating–don’t stretch the light strand or wrap it tightly around a cactus. Some of the more delicate specimens might benefit from the more traditional incandescent lights, which can create enough warmth (not heat) to keep the cactus or succulent from freezing.
What kind of flowers go with succulents?
- 01 of 11. African Daisy. To Nguyen / EyeEm / Getty Images.
- 02 of 11. Artemisia ‘Powis Castle’ Joshua McCullough / Getty Images.
- 03 of 11. Blue Fescue.
- 04 of 11. Blue Mist Spirea.
- 05 of 11. Euphorbia.
- 06 of 11. Lavender.
- 07 of 11. Grevillea.
- 08 of 11. Santa Barbara Daisy.
What is the most beautiful succulent?
- Jade plant (Crassula ovata)
- Aloe vera.
- Pincushion cactus (Mammillaria crinita)
- Snake plant (Sansevieria trifasciata)
- Zebra plant (Haworthia fasciata)
- Burro’s tail (Sedum morganianum)
- Christmas cactus (Schlumbergera x Buckleyi or Schlumbergera truncata)
What greenery goes with succulents?
Blue fescue grass is shorter but might provide an attractive companion to your succulents. Yarrow, lavender, salvia, and rosemary are great flowering herbs to grow alongside your succulent beds. These herbs take the same conditions as most ground planted succulents.
Should flowers be cut off succulents?
Most experienced gardeners recommend pruning the succulents before the new growth begins, i.e., in early spring. Furthermore, you should prune the flowering varieties in the dormant season or after blooming. Remember, the cuttings you get from pruning can root in well-drained soil and grow into new chubby greens.