How do you declutter a hoarders house fast?
- Clean Up First. “Start with simple goals like clearing walkways, hallways, and doorways,” Barnes says.
- Move on to Paper.
- Don’t Delay Donations.
- Secure a Storage Space.
- Reduce the Pile of Clothes.
- Hire a Professional.
- Work on the Underlying Issues.
What happens when you clean a hoarder’s house? As you clean a hoarder’s house, you’ll likely find items that are in great shape while other items may be ready to fall apart. Creating designated piles can help move the process along; you can have a trash pile, a donate pile and a keep pile.
How long does it take to clean a hoarding house? Timing differs for each home depending on volume, size, hazards, and more. Professional cleaners can clean a home in 3-5 days. Depending on the person who is hoarding, the process can easily be extended for several weeks.
Where should a hoarder start?
- Ease Into Conversation About Decluttering and Cleaning.
- Make a Plan for Managing the Hoarding Location.
- Start Decluttering and Organizing Room-By-Room.
- Develop a Strategy for Waste Removal.