How do you clean vintage plastic? To clean plastic, mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a container. Then, apply the mixture to the plastic and rub it in using a clean cloth or sponge. When you’re finished, rinse the plastic off with water. You can also clean plastic using a paste made out of 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water.
How do you make old plastic toys look new?
How do you clean plastic toys? Plastic Toys
Some simple plastic toys are dishwasher safe, which is a good way to clean them. Otherwise, wipe them down daily with some hot water and dish detergent. If it’s a toy with a battery compartment, remove the batteries before wiping them down. Use an old, dry toothbrush to clean the battery compartment.
How do you restore discolored plastic toys?
- In a container, form a paste with Dawn and baking soda.
- Moisten the plastic with a bit of water.
- Scoop up a bit of paste onto the sponge.
- Rub the toy in circular motions.
- Once clean, wash in soapy water.
- Rinse with water.
- Dry with a towel.